TRAVERSATA DALL'ORTLES-CEVEDALE AL LAGO DI GARDA
From € 1140
Duration 7 days
Zone Ortles Cevedale
The crossing from Ortles Cevedale to Lake Garda is one of the most scenic trekking routes: with this tour we will visit some of the most fascinating natural environments of the western Trentino!
The route starts in the green alpine valleys of Parco Naturale dello Stelvio, full of waterfalls, waterways and glaciers; then, it enters among spiers and pinnacles, in the heart of Brenta Dolomites, until it reaches the warm climate of Lake Garda. Seven days of trekking in an itinerary hut-to-hut, seven days which will allow us to conjugate different activities: the easy crossing of the Ortles Cevedale glacier, the iron paths along the sunny ledges of Dolomites, and last but not least an amazing canyoning experience (suitable for beginners too), on Lake Garda.
Day one – VAL VENEZIA
elevation gain: +620m/-20m/4km/2h.
Meet up with the Mountain Guide at 8.30 to check the equipment. We reach Val di Pejo by train and a brief car ride, touching the heart of Parco dello Stelvio where our hike begins. We climb up, over the pastures of Malga Mare, until we reach a wide, open space crossed by the river Noce Bianco and enclosed between the peaks of Ortles Cevedale. The environment gradually changes into rocky slopes, next to Vedretta de la Mare and the big peaks: Cevedale, Palon de la Mare, Vioz. Dinner and night spent at the hut (2608 m).
Day two – VEDRETTA DEL CARESER
We start walking along an alpine pasture nourished by lakes, until we reach Diga del Careser (2603 m). We climb up the empty environment which surrounds us, to reach the foothills of the Careser glacier, which we cross to touch the eastern side (3121m). Then, we descend again towards Val Saent. Dinner and night spent in the hut (2436 m).
Day three – SAENT WATERFALLS
Today a pleasant and scenic descent awaits us, while surrounded by marmots and rhododendron flowers. Once crossed the wide stretch of Pra di Saent, the path leads us among bridges and water games of the Saent waterfalls, the most stunning of Val di Sole. The hut, which is located at the end of the hike, is a perfect and tasty conclusion of the first part of our adventure, before reaching Dolomiti di Brenta. At Coler’s parking lot a private transfer will wait for us, to take us to Grostè cable car. Dinner and night spent at the hut (2275 m).
Day four – IRON PATH SENTIERO SOSAT
4h (3h via ferrata)
The Sentiero Sosat is a well-known via ferrata which is builton the eastern side of Gruppo di Brenta, taking the advantage of iron ladders, and brings us admiring the Vedretta degli Sfulmini, a natural amphitheatre between dolomitic crags. Dinner and night stay at the hut (2580m).
Day five – VIA FERRATA BOCCHETTE CENTRALI
We climb up to Bocca D’Armi, until the starting point of Bocchette Centrali, the most spectacular portion of the entire walk. This section is characterized by some exposed passages on the side which oversees Molveno and by the amazing crossing under Campanil Basso (2620 m). The iron path ends once reached the Bocca di Brenta; here, we start descending towards the hut. Dinner and night stay at the hut (2491m).
Day six – MOLVENO LAKE
Once left behind us the most representative peaks of Brenta Dolomites, we can walk along pastures and gravels. We crossover the green oasis of Pian della Selvata, a scenic slope overseeing Val delle Seghe, we walk across the base of the great south-west wall of Croz dell’Altissimo. After a brief stop by Molveno Lake (“most beautiful, and cleanest, Italian lake”), we reach Lake Garda by car. Night stay at b&b.
Day seven – LAKE GARDA
Amazing jumps and water games, a refreshing way to enjoy some of the most famous areas for canyoning activity, between Lake Garda and Val di Ledro: this will be the conclusion of our tour. Night stay at b&b.
The program could change according to Campo Base Team’s decisions (or the Mountain Guide’s suggestions) based on the weather forecast, keeping the structure and the focus of the activity unaltered.
- hiking poles
- via ferrata kit
- crampons (free rental, if requested)
- water bottle
- waterproof jacket/wind resistant k-way
- trekking trousers
- mountain boots (better if waterproof)
- light hygiene kit
- sleeping bag
- flip flops
- solar crème
- phone and charger
- front lamp
- cash (huts don’t accept credit cards)
- limited food supply
- power bank if needed
- knife if needed
- first aid kit (plasters!)
- Necessary documents: ID card/Passport and Campo Base voucher).
GROUPS (min. 5 – max 6 people).
1140 euros per person
- 1575 euros per person (max 3 people)
- 1320 euros per person (max 4 people)
- 1140 euros per person (5-6 people)
- 5 nights in the hut with half board service (multiple shared rooms and shared bathroom)
- 1 night at b&b on Lake Garda (night and breakfast included), double shared rooms
- Private transfers (day 1, 2 and 6)
- Free rental of equipment, if necessary (via ferrata kit, helmet, harness, canyoning equipment)
- 7 days with a Mountain Guide UIAGM
- Travel and logistic support
- Availability h24
- Local tax
- Drinks and extra
- Cable car tickets (day 3 and 6), public transports (day 1 and 7): around 35 euros per person.
- Insurance (health and baggage)
- What is not specified
Conditions of reservation
The request of reservation will be taken in charge by our staff, who will contact you within 48 work hours to confirm. The actual departure of the group will be confirmed when the minimum number of people will be specified. If, within 21 days of departure, the number couldn’t be reached, there would be these possibilities:
- To use the deposit for another programme
- To confirm the departure with an inferior number of participants, adding an extra
- To convert the reservation to a self-guided program
- To cancel the reservation with a full refunding of the deposit
The request of reservation will be taken in charge by our staff, who will contact you within 48 work hours to confirm. If the selected dates won’t be available, the possibilities will be the following:
- To use the deposit for another program
- To modify the date of arrival
- To cancel the reservation with a full refunding of the deposit
Conditions of payment:
To proceed and confirm the reservation, a deposit will be requested (30% of the experience’s fee). The deposit will be processed 21 days before the arrival date. We accept credit card (Mastercard/Visa) or transfer.
In case of cancellation, the following penalties will be applied.
- The 30% of the total price of the experience will be lost + eventual insurance, in case of cancellation within 45 days from the departure;
- The 70% of the total price of the experience will be lost + eventual insurance, in case of cancellation from 44 to 30 days within the departure;
- There won’t be any other refund.
If you’re obliged to cancel the holiday and you don’t want to lose the deposit, it’s possible to stipulate a cancellation policy during the reservation process. You can find here other info. Contact us!